1/29/2015

Drowned into life

‘I wish to blur the firm boundaries which we self-certain people tend to delineate around all we can achieve.’
Hannah Hoch


“I think people will have said enough to you about serious things, and so I am going to talk to you about what I feel is valuable, and that people think too little of, about cheerfulness and, something that is part of it as well, not being afraid about problems in life, but finding a natural solution for them.” Sophie Taeuber-Arp, 1937


Ether Stanzas  (Emmy Hennings)

Pardon! I must jump off this ball;
in Paris a beautiful festival reigns.
Crowds collect in the Gare de l'Est
where bright silk banners wave as well.
You won’t find me among them, though.
I’ve run off to this vast big room.
I mix myself in every dream,
a thousand looks and each I know.
A sick man lies in misery.
His last look hypnotizes me.
We long to go back to some lost summer day.
A black cross fills the room.




Nessun commento: